If you are ready to work hard, train smart and are up for the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge in November… of course you'll also improve your base fitness and cycling confidence too - sound good?
Gordon has coached me now for 4 years. Gordon has pushed me beyond what I thought I was capable of and has helped me from the start. Being coached by Gordon also makes you feel apart of the GMC team, through bunch rides and events. With Gordon's coaching and support I will be riding in Europe for a junior team in 2013.
- HUB Tour - 2nd Open Men, Winner of Sprint jersey (while still U19)
- 2nd HUB Tour(elite Grade) Overall
- 2nd Stage One Hub Tour
- 1st Sprint Ace Hub Tour
- 2nd Criterium Du Printemps (Cat2/Junior) FRA
- 11th Trophee Louison Bobet (Federal Junior) FRA
- 18th Tour Du Canton Wittenheim (Cat1)
- 1st Junior Prix Des Vins Henry Valloton SWI
- 4th Neuville Sur Ain Classic Juniors FRA
- 9th Prix Des 2 Communes Morteau (cat2) FRA 5th Tour Du Territorie De Belfort (Junior/Cat3) FRA
- 1st Stage Two Tour Du Territorie De Belfort
- 2nd Prix Du Saugeais (Junior/Cat3) FRA
- 3rd Stage 1 Prix Du Saugeais
- 2nd Stage 2 Prix Du Saugeais
- 1st Challenge De’Est (Junior) FRA
- 3rd Stage One Challenge De’Est
- 3rd Stage Two Challenge De’Est
- 2nd Stage Three Challenge De’Est
- U19 New Zealand Oceania Games team
- U19 New Zealand Cycling team to compete in events in Australia
- 1st U19m, 2012 Auckland Road Race Championships
- 6th 2012 Oceania Games Time Trial
- 7th Overall, U19, 2012 Junior Tour of Te Awamutu – 7th overall
- 3rd Overall, U19, Junior Tour of Rotorua 4th --- U19 National Championships Time Trial
- 3rd Overall, Tour Of Taranaki (Elite Men Grade) – 1st King Of the Mountains
- 7th Time Trial, Australian Cycling National Championships
- 4th Overall, 2012 DBR Tour Of Canberra
- 2012 Sancta Maria College Sportsman Of The Year
- 5th U19 Elite SRAM Tour De Ranges 2012
- BikeNZ U19 Mens Development Team for 2012
- 1st U17 National Time Trial Champs
- 1st U17 Te Awamutu Junior Tour
- 1st Canberra U17 Tour
- 1st U17 National Secondary School Champs
Gordy quickly helped me to manage my training and gave me a lot of guidance and the advice I needed to really make some big improvements. He helped me steal the win at the Under 17 criterium at the NZ Secondary School Championships at Mt Wellington. I also placed fourth in the junior Tour of Manawatu King of the Mountains classification, and he helped me improve my performance in the Westlake Senior A team, we ended up winning finals day in the Auckland Secondary Schools Team Time Trial series. All of this in less than 6 months under his wing. Plus, he is a genuinely nice guy and great company on any ride. For me, GMC coaching is the best option.
- 1st U17 boys Criterium, NZSS Individual Championships, Mt Wellington
- 2nd Overall, U17 boys, NZSS Individual Championships, Mt Wellington
- 4th King of the Mountain, Junior Tourut of Manawatu
- 1st Auckland Schools Time Trial Championships; 2nd in Series, as a member of the Westlake Boys Senior Team (course record holders)
- Junior World Road Race Championship Italy
- 15th Individual Time Trial
Oceania Road Championships
- 6th Individual Time Trial (first NZer)
- 7th Road Race (after crashing)
Pokeno Wheels and Heels
-- 1st Elite Women
Bev May Tour (A Grade)
- 5th Individual Time Trial
- 5th Criterium
- 5th Stage 3 (Road Race)
- 3rd Sprint Classification
- (First Under 19 in all stages)
Te Awamutu Junior and Womens Tour
- 3rd Stage 1
- 3rd Stage 2 (first U19)
- 5th Stage 3
- 1st U19 GC
- 3rd Open GC
Club Road Nationals
- 1st Individual Time Trial
- 1st Road Race
Cycle for Life - 1st Elite woman
The GMC Coaching team have given my training direction and focus. They also offer a level of guidance and support that definitely separates them from the rest and I do not believe I would have achieved the fantastic results I have in my very short time cycling without them.
I have only been riding for 4 years, joined GMC soon after that and have racked up some impressive results since. The highlights of which include finishing 6th in the 2013 Rabobank road race series and an overall win at the 2013 Taranaki Round the Mountain Road Race to name just two.
The most recent 2014 achievements being:
- 46th overall at the toughest race on the NZ calendar – the 2014 Tour of Southland.
- Successfully competed in the only UCI ranked pro-tour in NZ – The 2014 Tour of Manawatu (The New Zealand Cycle Classic).
- Crowned the 2014 Auckland road race champion in the M1 cat.
- 4th at the New Zealand National Club Championships Road race – M1 cat.
- 4th at the New Zealand National Club Championship TT race – M1 cat.
GMC Coaching have taken me from an absolute beginner to a competitive Elite cyclist in less than 4 years.
Whatever your personal goals and objectives are, GMC Coaching will best use the time you have available to get you there.
Over the past 3 years riding with the GMC crew and program I have stepped up my cycling a huge amount!
Going from hanging on to A grade races to being up the front of A grade racing, my coach Logan Mort has pushed me beyond what I thought I was capable of doing - I've really tested myself!
I also have been involved with the GMC development team - has been an awesome 2014 year!
4th overall and 2nd - u23 Round 3 of the North Island Series 2014
7th overall and 1st team - Rice mountain 2013
2nd - Auckland TT champ 2014
2nd (Stage 1), 4th (Stage 2), 1st (Stage 3), 2nd (Overall) - PNP race 3 Mini Tour
1st - Jnr and 15th Overall Tour De Beautiful 2012
14th - U19 Taupo Cycle Challenge 2011
1st - Wellington U23 TT Champs 2013
3rd - U23 NZ Club TT Champs
6th - GMC A Grade Tour of Taranaki
"In over 11 years of racing at the Tasmanian Christmas Carnivals, I have gained the best results ever since being trained by Gordy, including my first ever 8000m scratch race win, a 1000m lightning handicap win, second in a major wheelrace, and several placings throughout the carnivals.
- South Island sprint champion on the track.
- Mid South Canterbury sprint and keirin titles.
- Gaining more fastest times and wins in club races than ever before. 2011 was the first time in many years that I won the overall club title for most points for the road season and also most points off scratch"
1st - R&R Tour 2011, B Grade (2010 - dead last B Grade)
1st - 2011 NZ Defence Force Road/Time Trial/Criterium Champs. (Clean sweep of all titles)
1st - NZ Defence Force Cyclecross Champs
1st - 2010 NZ Defence Force Criterium Champs. (After being trained by Gordy for only a couple of months)
I first started coaching with Gordon in 2012 as a first year U17, with the hope of getting a structured training programme and to improve my cycling in general.
Not only did Gordon give me structure to my training with specific rides to develop specific weaknesses, he listened to my goals and what I wanted to achieve in the future.
Gordon has also supported me through injury keeping close communication with my physiotherapist to adapt my programme aiding me in my recovery.
In the past year Gordon has also given myself, and others, the support of sponsorship which has drastically helped propel me further towards achieving my goals and has taught me the processes of a team.
Through GMC Coaching, I have learnt valuable knowledge from an experienced coaching staff, I have gained a structured training programme, produced achievable and measurable goals, and developed as a rider.
Without Gordon and the GMC Coaching support, I wouldn't have been able to achieve what I have.
I got in to riding way back in primary school as we either had to walk or ride and as all cyclists know walking sucks.
I didn't start racing till I was in 4th form so about 14. It all started because I was in the school triathlon team and the school cycling coach could see my strength was in cycling so he talked me in to coming along to the club racing on Saturdays.
Lets just say I never looked back and I'm still hooked and love kicking the guys butts.
I've been riding with the GMC Development Team since Feb 2014 where my first race was Bev Mays womens tour where I rode alongside Devon Hiley. I've really enjoyed being apart of the GMC team this year as its always a great feeling going to races knowing your apart of a great team and with out a doubt there will be plenty of laughs.
A really memorable time this year with the GMC team was at the winter K2 training camp held in Coromandel where I joined the boys for 3 days of training. It was awesome fun and i rode the furthest I have ever ridden in my life hitting 200k in one ride.
As for who is responsible for my may results over the last few years. My Husband and GMC coach Josh Page is the one. Josh has been coaching me for about 4 years now. Many people ask how on earth does that work. I feel that out of all my coaches he's been the best because he's around me all the time on and off the bike so he gets to know and see and understand how I work as everyday is different. At the end of the day its my choice if i want to do the training he's given me or not but the way I see it if I want to win and be as awesome as Gordy (and Josh) then I better do it.
- Long listed for the 2006 Comm Games
- 2006 U19 Oceania Road Race Champ
- Winner Womens Open Crit Taupo 2007
- 3x Overall GC Elite Womens Hub tour
- Sprint Ace 2014 Te Awamutu Tour
- 2nd Overall 2014 Te Awamutu Tour
- 2nd NZ National Champs Individual Pursuit, Track
- 1st both rounds of the 2014 North Island Teams Series race, Currently Leading the series
- Multiple NZ Road Race and Time Trial champs medals
(Amount a million other results, she has a success ratio even Eddy Merckx would be envious of.)
Shop 4/44 Silverdale Street, Silverdale 0932, New Zealand
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:30am-5:30pm, Saturday 10am-2pm, Sunday We are out riding!
*Or by appointment outside of these times
Phone: 09 427 8908
Thanks for getting in touch with GMC Coaching, we will be in touch with you soon!